Wednesday 23 November 2022

Move over NaNoWriMo, here comes NaNoSubMo!




It’s November. That means one thing in the writing world, NaNoWriMo! National Novel Writing Month, where you commit, alongside thousands of other writers across the globe, to pen a novel in 30 days, by completing 2000 words every day. It’s a staple of the literary calendar and in many of the previous years has helped me out of a writing rut and got my creative juices flowing.

One year I started and completed a novel in NaNoWriMo and subbed it to The Chicken House and got on the longlist! It works ~ (or at least for me).


 

This year however I’m struggling with life throwing a whole load of hurdles at me from every direction, including a massive dose of brain fog. I haven’t subbed either of my completed manuscripts at all. So thinking outside the NaNOWriMo box, I’m creating my own version.

NaNoSubMo.



I intend on submitting my manuscript to one agent/editor every day for the entire month. I’m hoping this will be as successful as the traditional NaNoWriMo has been for me in year past. That it will force me to push the brain fog aside, focus my mind, and to embrace this part of the writing process which is my least favourite. To get me back on a more proactive submission course.


 

So wish me luck and wish luck to all of you that are participating in NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment