Monday 3 December 2012

My Christmas wish – A Book in Every Stocking!


It’s December, I know this because last night my husband and I sat beside the fire and watched ‘The Nightmare before Christmas,’ whilst drinking sherry and eating mince pies!  Yes its advent, and the small people have been writing there letters to Santa, and present lists for us.

I was thinking what would be on my letter to Santa?

1.       Agent – don’t think Santa can help with that!
2.       Publisher – Even less likely!

Then only one other came up and it’s not for me, but for all the small people who hang up there stockings on Christmas Eve….


My wish is that every child has a book or comic in their stocking,  that’ll actually make them want to pick it up and read it. So that what I've written on my letter to Santa.

I know that Santa may not have time to make lots of new books, but he can pop out and get some maybe from an indie book shop see link to my favourite indie book shop Mostly Books here. Or if he’s tight of cash he could try a charity shop or a cheap in line book seller like Banana Books see link.

If you would like to see this too, why not tweet or Facebook; #Dear_Santa_Book_in_every_Stocking. 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Hope Santa agrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne, I'm trying to promote the idea, i think its very important not to miss any opportunity to empower children to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree with this campaign! Every child I know is getting at least one book from me for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bookaholic Mum,

    Thanks for stopping by and supporting the campaign! Really good to hear that you are passing on the joy of book as gift this year!

    ReplyDelete